Thursday, July 19, 2007

Buck will Pierce the Ticats tonight!


Ok, ok, I know. The title is totally lame, but can you blame me? Tonights match between the B.C. Lions and the Hamilton Tiger Cats will be a full on blow out unless a miracle occurs (Like BP and JJ go down to injury in the first 5 minutes of the game). I don't even want to fathom the idea of losing this game, so I won't. Instead let's look at what I hope will happen vs. what could happen:

I want to see...
1) Bucky Pierce get into a decent rhythm by the 2nd quarter that leads to a major offensive breakthrough (something we have been lacking).
2) Simon break out of this slump. Don't get me wrong, this slump has not been his fault. Defenses have honed in on this guy, double and triple covering him on every play. The key to this will be Buck recognizing the open man and burning the defense early for the extra coverage on Simon. This should open him up for some major grabs early in the 2nd quarter. Lets hope that's what we see.

What we could see is...
1) A defense dominated game that allows for the win but once again overcompensates for our lackluster offense that needs to get on track against this bellow par team.
2) A rusty quarterback that takes 1 too many quarters to get into rhythm preventing him and the offense from blowing up and breaking out of this slump.

So what will happen? Will we get what we want or what is the possibility? Whatever the case I will be enjoying the game from a fully catered luxury box!

2 comments:

PN said...

Thanks for the link to our site. I'm guessing you live in Vancouver, as do I, which might make us the only fans of the Sonics in the 604 area code. If you haven't read it already, check out our article today about the Sonics, or skip it and go directly to sonicscentral.com for Brian Robinson's piece on the arena/Clay Bennett. It's good reading, and a call to arms for Sonics fans. I'm going to be helping Brian in any way I can, and if you're a big fan of the team, I'll kindly ask you to help as well.

After all, the idea of watching Kevin Durant throw down dunks in Oklahoma City is too difficult to digest, right?

Pete
supersonicsoul.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told was a enjoyment account it.

Look complicated to far introduced agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?



my web blog; acheter des vue youtube